Monday, January 28, 2013

Q: Who likes yogurt?

A: Unfortunately not Lil Guy. Which really stinks because after much searching I just finally found a great full fat yogurt.

Yoplait Simplait is marketed as "Made with only six natural ingredients, each cup of Yoplait Simplait delivers a spectacular taste experience."

Shh...don't tell anyone but it also delivers a nice chunk of fat with it - 7 grams and 200 calories. That's almost as much fat as in the Stonyfield Farms whole fat yogurt - which, incidentally, I can never find in our supermarket. And nearly twice as much fat as the YoBaby baby yogurt.


3 comments:

  1. Have you tried Greek yogurt? The one we get has 16 grams of fat per serve! That's compared to the fattiest 'normal' yogurt I found, which has 6 grams per serve. I personally don't like the taste of it but luckily Victor does. It would probably be nice mixed in with some fruit or fruit puree, perhaps a bit of honey too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren - what brand do you buy? I've received a couple recommendations for Greek yogurt and searched the stores here but can only find the low fat version. 16 grams sounds awesome, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm sorry I only just saw your comment now!
      The brand I get is Mundella (and I get the Greek Honey flavour). I absolutely know your frustration with the low-fat yogurts everywhere!
      If this brand is not available where you are, the dietitian gave us a tip which was to look for small, local or 'boutique' dairy companies as they are more likely to make a more 'indulgent' yogurt....that is, full of fat! Of course that does mean a lot of them are slightly more expensive but it might be worth it even to have sometimes. I usually try to get the Mundella yogurt on sale and buy a big tub of it to last us a few days. I hope you find something!

      Delete