Anyway, we were left with pretty much NO ingredients for anything substantial except for this little supper gem. Ironically Big Guy hated it and Lil Guy loved it so we'll make it again.
|Photo courtesy of AllRecipes.com|
6 to 8 chicken breasts, pounded thin (or just buy them thin and trimmed like we did, it saves time)
1 clove garlic (I used 1/2 tsp minced garlic already in the jar)
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup regular bread crumbs (you can substitute Italian seasoned bread crumbs and skip the next three spices)
1/2 tsp each of dried basil, oregano and Italian seasoning
2 tsp dried parsley (or 2 tbsp. fresh if you want to get fancy)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a shallow glass dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine the garlic and melted butter in one bowl.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, spices, salt and pepper in another bowl.
4. Dip the chicken pieces in the garlic butter and then into the crumb mixture to coat.
5. Place the coated chicken pieces into the baking dish and drizzle with remaining garlic butter and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
I made the recipe with four chicken breasts and had lots of garlic butter and breadcrumb coating left over. So I think it would work well with eight small chicken breasts or six medium size ones.
For CFers: I drizzled extra garlic butter on Lil Guy's chicken piece and was surprised to find that it didn't seem soggier than the other pieces. A great way to get in some extra fat calories.
For non CFers: If you are trying to keep calories low, try skipping the butter wash and just top those chicken pieces with the breadcrumb mixture.
This recipe was adapted from AllRecipes.com.